Sunday, December 9, 2012

To One Person You may be the World

Hi Everyone!!  I took a break from Christmas Cards yesterday and made this card for a special SCS friend who recently had a precious little Baby Girl named Audrey Mavis.  It's also for a couple of SCS challenges noted below.  I've displayed a couple of different views, including a closeup of the main image.  Hope you enjoy your visit today.


The first Challenge is SCS's QFTD142.  Our new queen is Pam MacKay, and she has an amazing Gallery filled with wonderful works of art!  Here's the card I chose: Pam’s precious Away in the Manger Card

The second is SCS's Inspiration Challenge IC366 - to create a card using an image from Restoration Hardware's Baby and Child website.  Here's my inspiration photo:  Restoration Hardware – White Christmas Kids


Below are a few more views in case you'd like to see the details up close :).  Thank you for looking.

Closeup of Focal Image and Sentiment
To make this I used one of my favorite sentiments from Verve - One Person, along with a retired SU set called Baby Talk.  Also used SU's Itty Bitty Banner stampset and die cuts for the Sweet Baby tag on the lfet.  I colored the Baby using Copics (R000/R02/R11/R12 and E00).   His little 'blanket' is an SB Die in SU retired paper.




Alternate view showing Booties

This image shows the card inside - with the cute little booties, cut out and colored with Copics.  The papers are retired Blushing Bride paperstack, and the other dies used are Floral Ovals by Spellbinders and MFT Rolled Royal Rose in White felt, Cherry Lynn Designs mini Fanciful Flourish, a little star punch.  Other embellies are Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, SU Embossing Folder, lots of Stickles Glitter, Dimensionals and a Heart full of Love.





Alternate view #1




Here's one more quick view from a different angle.  Each view shows a little more detail so including them for those who want to see it all :)!!  Hugs everyone!!




Thank you again for visiting - hope you enjoyed your time here, and hope you have a blessed Sunday!!

Audrey


7 comments:

Pop, Paper, Scissors said...

Audrey, this is nothing short of wonderful. I love all the embossing and die cuts.

pam124 said...

Audrey, I commented on SCS, but I had to come to your blog to see this delicate card up close and personal. I see you're getting fance with different view twinzi! That Carol is teaching you all the tricks, isn't she. This is a STUNNER as are all your creations! Hugs 4-evah!

Stamp like you mean it said...

Audzie.....congrats on this beautifully done blog, and extra thanks for this incredible card, bursting worth l-o-v-e. You, my friend are amazing. Lil Audzie is gorgeous, and so is your heart-felt work. Much love to you. Audzi's Grammy

Marisa said...

Welcome to blog land, Audrey!! So good to have you. Fabulous frame around the sentiment and a gorgeous card.

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

This is just gorgeous. Those diecuts are awesome and maybe my favorite of all time. How thoughtful and wonderful to send this to Audrey. I can imagine Mama keeping it as a keepsake for years to come. I still have my baby cards!

Wanda Cullen said...

Yay, you're in blog land and with such a gorgeous avatar! Your card is so sweet and so pretty...just perfect for a baby girl! Hope to keep up with you better now that you have a blog! :-)

nwilliams6 said...

I was going to comment again on this card on SCS to tell you that I have thought about this card several times since I first saw it (oops - I forgot that you had a blog now - bad me). That sentiment is just the best - it is soo true and just grabs my heart. I am going to have to break down and get it. Beautiful card Audzi! Hugz!