I made a few different Christmas Card versions using the stampset, but needed one more card and knew this fun little Snowman would work perfectly. This CAS/OLC card is for 4 challenges - all the details and links are noted below. I do want to mention one of the challenges here though - it's a weekly Sunday challenge over at SCS called Featured Stamper. This week's featured stamper is so talented - and so diverse in her style. I've recently 'discovered' her gallery and blog, but yesterday I took a closer look, and I'm so glad I did - her name is Sylvia Blum, aka ~Fee~ over on SCS, and she is amazing!!!!!!
Thank you Sylvia for your inspiration!! This card was made based on inspiration from one of her beauties - see below for challenge/card links and more details.
|Christmas Blessings Everyone!|
Similar to Sylvia's, this card is tall and narrow. I started by masking a border, then stamped the snowman image and sponged around the masked edges. Then I colored the snowman using Copic Markers, added Flowersoft and Glitter for a snowy look at the bottom and on the Snowman's hat. I also added little dabs of Orange Stickles and Crystal Effects to Mr. Snowman's buttons, and tiny dabs of Crystal Effects to his eyes :).
Some of those details can be seen better in the photos below:
|Close-up of Mr. Snowman|
|Closer Look at Mr. Snowman|
After that I die cut and stamped the sentiment tag, outlined it using Copics and made the bow. I assembled the bow, sentiment tag, little tree light charm and silver cord, die cut the Snowflake Corner, then glittered and glued everything together.
Here's a close-up of the ribbon detail:
|Close-up of Ribbon/Bow/Tag Charm and Cord|
I love making Holiday cards. Maybe this year I'll start them a bit earlier - it's never too soon to start as I've learned :)!!!
This card has been submitted to the following challenges:
- SCS Featured Stamper - FS307 Sylvia Blum (aka ~Fee~) - Sylvia's Adorable I Look Up to You CAS Card
- Color Me Creative - Holiday Challenge #58 - Metalic Gleam - use Copic/Alcohol markers and a Metalic element in your card. I used Copics, Glitter and Silver Cord
- Addicted to CAS (ATCAS) - Challenge #3 - Code Word Sweet - This is my second submission - this time using my sweet little Snowman scene.
- Rogue Redhead - Rebel Challenge 18: One Layer Winter Holiday Card - this is my second submission for this challenge as well with my second OLC card!!
Here are more details about what I used to make this card:
- SU Snow Much Fun - Snowman Image
- Sweet N' Sassy Sentiment from Christmas Joy Set
- Momento Black Ink
- Copic Markers
- YG11, YG13, YG17 (Hat and Scarf)
- Y38, E08 (Nose, Dots on Scarf, Buttons)
- B000, B00, B01, B02 & B04 (Snowman & Birdies)
- C00, C02 & C04 (Shading, Boots, Hat)
- Memory Box Snowflake Border Die
- SU Retired Ribbon
- SU Die - Lots of Tags
- Flowersoft Glacier White
- Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
- Silver Cord
- Tree Light Charm from Michaels
That's everything - this one came together pretty quickly and is yet another OLC card from me!! Yipppeee!!!
Hugs and Blessings to everyone!!