Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Joy

Blessings Everyone!!

This card is for a Featured Stamper challenge over on SCS.  Sunday's FS is an amazing and talented stamper, who also has a big heart and lots of love to give.  The card below is mostly her design - I have CASE'd it in honor of her today.  Here's a link to this challenge:  FS306 and here's her card on SCS:  Gail's Beautiful Gingham Poinsettia Creation 


Christmas Joy for Gail - Alt View 1


To make this card I started with Papertrey's Rustic Snowflakes paper and Tim Holtz Poinsettia die cut.  Once everything was cut I worked with the leaves and center using embossing styluses to bring them to live, sponged a bit of Ranger Frayed Burlap onto the leaves, then assembled!  

Front View



After the poinsettia was assembled I added Ranger Gold Liquid Pearls to the center.  Then I punched the black card stock using a Martha Stewart Lace Border Punch, and assembled the card base.  


Closeup of Poinsettia and Ribbon/Bow

To make the ribbon/bow I used Gold Organza Ribbon around the entire base, added the Sweet n' Sassy Christmas Blessings sentiment and the Gold Cord bow.  Once that was done I assembled everything together and it was finished!!
\



Thanks everyone for stopping by - hope you enjoy what you see here.  I appreciate having you visit my new Blog.  

Hugs and Blessings!
Audrey


6 comments:

Marisa said...

Totally gorgeous poinsettia! Love the snowflake paper you used for it too :) Great card!

Karon said...

Oh My - this card is fabulous and that poinsettia is stunning. Fabulous papers. TFS

Colleen Dietrich said...

Holy smokes! This is one gorgeous poinsettia, Audrey! I love that rich red bedecked with pretty snowflakes.

pam124 said...

Audrey, your card is a beauty. I love how you used dp for the poinsettia diecut. I NEVER thought to do that; but, I'll be copying you next year. This is a stunner and so beautifully put together. Hugs and Blessings my friend. P.S. I see you blog is doing nicely - like, I didn't think it would - duh!

wannabcre8tive said...

Audrey, this is just gorgeous.

Cathy Clouston said...

Ooooh!! That poinsettia is beautiful!!