Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Apothecary Flower Pot Thank You







Hello!  This card was made in October for one of the QFTD challenges that month - in honor of the Queen, Claudia aka CJZim.  Her gallery is AMAZING!! I had several cards I wanted to CASE but I just kept going back to this beauty: { Claudia’s gorgeous Brayered Elements Card }

I loved that Claudia used a brayering technique to color her Flower Pot, so I decided to use a similar Acetate Background technique.  First I die cut the Spellbinders Flower Pot and used a bone folder to get the curve, then to create the look of the flower pot, I used several different markers on Acetate, spritzed with water and pressed onto my card stock.  then I punched and curved the flowers and leaves using embossing styluses.

Thanks everyone for looking!!

Hugs,
Audrey

5 comments:

pam124 said...

Woo Hoo Audrey - your own blog. It looks as beautiful as your cards. I LOVE this flower pot card. The technique was perfect. LOVE the ef b/g and the beautiful flowers. HUGS!

Benzi said...

Yea..when I read your mail, I just had to get over here and see your new blog. I remember how much I love this pot, Audrey, and the beautiful flowers. So glad your blog is up and going. It is going to be a huge hit! I'm really excited for you. Love the name of your blog.
If you read my blog, you will find a note at the top explaining why I won't be around for a bit...but soon.
Wishing you blogging success and much fun!!!!!

Debzi333 said...

That is one gorgeous card, Audrey! What a wonderful new blog! Congratulations and like Benzi I'm sure your blog will be a great success!

hugs!

KAREN said...

This is just gorgeous! Now i'm thinking I need that flower pot die!!!!!
Hugz from Bugz

Colleen Dietrich said...

Audzi, I am SO happy for you to have a blog!!!!! I'm not sure what it is, but I find it hard to get over to SCS to do commenting and easier to visit blogs. SO glad you are among us bloggers now!

Love this flower pot, I mean, it's so faux! It looks like you cut a pot in half and somehow delicately attached it to a card front. Great job!